Wednesday, March 30, 2011
7 Unique Ways to Make Someone Smile
7 Unique Ways to Make Someone Smile
1. Write an encouraging note to others that have encouraged you or that need encouragement. Handwritten notes that are given to encourage, not just for thanking someone for a gift, are rare. That makes handwritten notes even more special. Start a new practice of sitting down and writing an encouraging note on a regular basis.
2. Take a friend out to lunch or invite her to your home for a meal. You will get to know each other even better than you do right now. If you feel like being more adventurous, throw a party for several of your friends and put smiles on a multitude of faces.
3. Give someone an inspirational book to read. You will feel good doing it, reading the book will change the person, and they will think of you every time they read it.
4. Ask a friend or relative if you can take care of their kid(s) for a day or evening. If you have been a parent, you know the value of being able to have a few hours of "adult time" without worrying about the children. Don't wait to be asked to baby-sit when it is required. Offer to do it at a time when the parent can do something fun and relaxing.
5. Deliver a meal to someone you know that is sick or having a rough time. We have all been sick and know the last thing you want to do is be out of bed. There are also times when life is tough and it is hard to do all of the daily chores. You can be a tremendous help by providing a meal that can be enjoyed.
6. Volunteer time to supporting your local church or charity. Every minute you dedicate to a church or charity will cause many smiles. You will put a smile on the face of each leader just for helping without being asked. You will also be putting smiles on the faces of those that are being helped through the organization.
7. Thank everyone that supports you throughout the day. The list of those that you come in contact with is endless. Remember family and friends, secretaries, co-workers, teachers, Sunday school teachers, pastors, store employees, janitors, gas station attendants, those that deliver your mail and newspaper, and servers at restaurants.
Small simple things that we sometimes get too busy for. How many will you do today?
Categories: | Alberta Economy | Awesome Tips | Buy a House In Calgary | Calgary Buyers | Calgary City Assessment | Calgary Commercial Real Estate | Calgary Downtown Core | Calgary Economy | Calgary Foreclosures | Calgary Home Buying | Calgary Home Repairs | Calgary Homeowners | Calgary House Tips | Calgary Landlords | Calgary Market Trends | Calgary Mortgages | Calgary No Qualifying Deals | Calgary Real Estate | Calgary Real Estate Data | Calgary Real Estate Investing | Calgary Real Estate Market | Calgary's Best Realtors | Canada Revenue Agency | Canadian Banks | Canadian Economy | Canadian Mortgages | CMHC Insurance | Consumer Alert | Contest | Copperfield | Darren Weeks | Denis Hrstic | Economics | Effort | ELITE Buyers Program | Elite Results | Elite Sellers Program | Elite Service | Energy Saver | Fast Track To Cash Flow | Father's Day | Fight Aids Save Taxes | First Time Buyers | Global Economics | Happy Customers | Hardwood Flooring | holid | Holiday | Home Inspections | House Smells | Household Appliances | Inspiration | Interior Design | Legacy | Living in Calgary | Ma | Marketing | Mid Year Forecast 2014 | Mother's Day | Motivation | MyHomeAgent | Napoleon HIll | Napoleon HIll, | Nutrition | Okotoks | Pets | Pineridge | Preparing Your Home For Sale | Real Estate in Canada | Real Estate Investing | Real Estate Investing in Calgary | Remodeling | Renovation | Save Your Money | Secondary Suites | Sell your Home in Calgary | Silverado | Smile Calgary | SouthWest Calgary Ring Road | Stop Calgary Foreclosure | Stop Foreclosure | Team in Training | Testimonials | The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada | Thought Of The Day | Top Producers | Tuscany | Unemployment | VIP BUYERS PROGRAM | Zero Down Calgary