Monday, August 6, 2012
5 LowCost Selling Tips
5 LowCost Upgrades to Help You Sell Your Home
If you're looking sell your house but cannot afford huge renos, these little changes can catch a buyers eye.
A fresh coat of paint is the easiest way to brighten up a room, which makes it a top choice for sellers on a budget. Opt for neutral earth tones rather than bold hues. You want potential buyers to imagine putting their personal touch on the place, not force them to fall in love with your style. Picky buyers look everywhere, so don't forget to retouch the trim and paint the ceiling.
Can't afford a cabinet upgrade? Trick the eye by installing new hardware instead. Switching out worn or outdated drawer and cabinet handles for brand new ones can make your storage look like it's been given a major face-lift -- for a tenth of the price. Choose modern fixtures that compliment the design and colour of your cabinetry.
The look of a kitchen can make or break a sale. Chipped, scratched or worn countertops are guaranteed to be an instant turn-off to potential buyers. Make them fall in love with your home by installing new ones. Laminate or ceramic countertops may be cheaper but are considered out-of-style in many neighbourhoods. If that's the case, opt to upgrade with Corian or Granite.
If your home doesn't get a lot of natural sunlight you can fool potential buyers by tricking it out with fabulous light fixtures. Affordable "wow" factor fixtures are available - just shop around.
Curb appeal isn't just a myth. Potential buyers will be more impressed if you have a nice front yard. This doesn't mean you need to sink thousands of dollars into new landscaping. Simply mowing your lawn, trimming the edges, and adding a few shrubs and flowers can be the ticket to instant beauty.
Friday, November 18, 2011
10 Reasons to SELL During the Holidays
Why should you sell your home with MyHomeAgent TODAY? Here are 10 reasons why:
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in the Spring, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
6. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
7. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
8. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
9. You can sell NOW for more money and negotiate a closing in early next year!
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to buy during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
For Sale By Owner is Too Easy
FSBO is tougher than you think.
From our friends over at KCM:
We can’t resist commenting on the story which recently appeared in the Wall Street Journal regarding Colby Sambrotto, the founder and former CEO of forsalebyowner.com. It seems the founding father and lifelong evangelist of the concept of selling your home without a real estate agent was forced to hire a broker to sell his home after failing at what he preaches others should do.
After failing to sell his NYC apartment on his own as a For Sale By Owner (FSBO), Sambrotto hired a broker and paid a 6% commission in order to get the job done. His personal experience helps refute some of the myths Sambrotto has been espousing for over a decade. Let’s look at two of those myths:
Myth #1 – You Will Pocket More Money Selling on Your Own
Most FSBO sites say you can save the commission by selling on your own. What happened in Sambrotto’s sale?
From the WSJ article:
Myth #2 – The Internet Alone Can Sell Your Home
Many have said that, with the introduction of home search on the internet, hiring an agent is no longer a necessity. What happened to the FSBO guru when he attempted to only depend on the internet?
From the WSJ article:
Does this mean ALL FSBO's listings will fail? Of course not - but it does highlight the fact that REALTORS provide a valuable service. MyHomeAgent works VERY hard to attract and maintain Buyer clients.
Real Estate is like any industry - do you want to deal with experienced practitioners? Or do you want to do it yourself, make mistakes, and fight your way through the learning process?
Also ask yourself - when will you use that knowledge again? If you are like most , you probably will forget the information in 5 -7 years when its applicable again.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
How Do I Sell My House Fast?
We at MyHomeAgent have had a great start to 2011 in helping our clients by selling their houses.
2011 STATS: MyHomeAgent
50% OF LISTINGS SOLD TO OUR BUYERS
We have outperformed other Realtors because we are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals. We are dedicated to Elite Service and Elite Results.
The Average Calgary Realtor has a 20% chance of selling your house, sells a house in 73 DAYS and gets 95.7% of asking price. * CREB DATA MARCH 2011
How are we different?
MyHomeAgent has Sold 62% of our listings in an average time of 42 days and we get 99% of asking price.
You want the best and we are delivering for you.
Call us TODAY and become an ELITE client. You deserve the best